Dan, an employee at Asco supermarket, is a refugee who has had terrible and sad things happen in his past. One day, something happens that may well change his future…
This is the third title in the much-loved Supermarket Stories series, written by Margaret Adams and illustrated by Ian Bobb.
The main intention of the series is to give Entry level students a story to read - to show them that reading can be a pleasure. However, the book can be used to practise specific learning aims, with each chapter subtly focusing on particular letter combinations and sounds:
- Chapter 1: looks at the letter pattern 'oo'; considers words that rhyme and have the same letter pattern
- Chapter 2: reinforces the 'oo' letter pattern
- Chapter 3: looks at the blend 'br'
- Chapter 4: looks at the blend 'bl' and the suffix 'ed'
- Chapter 5: reinforces the suffix 'ed', introduces 'ing' and the digraphs 'ch' & 'sh'
- Chapter 6: revisits the spelling patterns 'oo', 'ch' and 'sh'
- Author : Margaret Adams
- Reading Level : 2 - Easy Beginner Reader
- Series : Supermarket Stories
- Topic : Life
- Topic : Literacy
- Topic : Multicultural
- Topic : Phonic
- Publisher : Gatehouse Books
- ISBN : 9781842310649