The second story in the Supermarket Stories series follows supermarket worker Bob. Bob likes his job on the dairy counter, but his boss has other plans for him. Bob is forced to reveal his problem. Then one day, a shocking event puts Bob’s life on the line. What happens when Bob reveals his problem? What else could he have done? The story poses questions to the reader and creates opportunities for discussion.
This book encourages a phonic approach to reading, with each chapter subtly focusing on particular letter combinations and sounds:
- Chapter 1: consider the word 'there' and link it to the words 'here' & 'where'
- Chapter 2: look at words beginning with /w/ and identify where the suffixes 'ing' & 'ed' have been added to these words
- Chapter 3: identify words beginning with the grapheme O, words containing the letters 'ou', and can look at the different sounds represented by the letters
- Chapter 4: identify words beginning with 't'; the word 'they' and the digraph /th/
- Chapter 5: investigate the letter pattern 'ai' and the associated sounds
- Chapter 6: explore silent letters within words
- Author : Margaret Adams
- Reading Level : 2 - Easy Beginner Reader
- Topic : Life
- Topic : Phonic
- Publisher : Gatehouse Books
- ISBN : 9781842310564