Gatehouse Media publishes books written by and for adults who are improving their reading and writing skills, especially works that represent an 'authentic' voice.
We welcome submissions from writers everywhere. Please take a look at our website so that you can get a good idea of what we publish. If you would like to send us a piece of writing for consideration for possible publication as a Gatehouse Book...
- Download the submissions form, fill it in and post it to us with your submission to Gatehouse Media Limited, PO Box 965, Warrington WA4 9DE. Alternatively, please email them to us at email@example.com
- Clearly state your name, address and telephone number
- Please include a short piece about yourself
- Please include a stamped SAE if you require the items submitted to be returned to you
- We try to respond to submissions within a few weeks
If you are a learner in basic adult education, please ask your tutor to help you with your submission form. We try to give writers some constructive feedback about their work, however this may take some time.
We invite Adult Literacy and ESOL Tutors to send us their students' work for consideration for possible publication. Please seek the permission of the writers before doing so. We have a range of materials available to assist tutors in stimulating student writing - see our Teaching Resources section for details. From time to time we publish themed writing. If you would like to discuss upcoming themes, please contact us. We also work with tutors to publish resources for use in Adult Literacy and ESOL teaching.
Terms and Conditions
Submission of your work to Gatehouse Media Limited implies that the work has not been published in the same or similar form elsewhere, and is not under submission for publication elsewhere. Submission also implies that the work is your own original work. All submissions, if taken forward, will be subject to contractual agreement. No payment of any kind will be due to an author until contractual agreement has been reached.