It seemed to Jenny that she had spent her whole life having to choose. But none of this helped with the choice that Jenny had to make now.
The eagerly-awaited fourth title in the brilliant Supermarket Stories series, written by Margaret Adams and illustrated by Ian Bobb.
The main intention of the series is to give Entry level students a story to read - to show them that reading can be a pleasure. However, the book can be used to practise specific learning aims, with each chapter subtly focusing on particular letter combinations and sounds:
- Chapter 1: looks at the letter pattern 'oi'; considers words that rhyme and have the same letter pattern
- Chapter 2: introduces the consonant blends 'gr' and 'cr'
- Chapter 3: introduces letter pattern 'ou' and the consonant blends 'gl' and 'cl'
- Chapter 4: looks at the letter pattern 'oa'
- Chapter 5: introduces the consonant blend 'pl'
- Chapter 6: explores the different sounds represented by the letters 'th'
- Author : Margaret Adams
- Reading Level : 2 - Easy Beginner Reader
- Topic : Life
- Topic : Phonic
- Publisher : Gatehouse Books
- ISBN : 9781842310823