A teaching resource book based on interviews with members of the Somali, Kurdish and Afghani refugee communities in Manchester, who relate their experiences of having to flee their own troubled countries and of making a new life here in Britain. The pack is in 4 sections:
- Section 1 provides an introduction to understanding refugee issues, with information, key terms and key facts.
- Section 2 provides profiles of Somalia, Afghanistan and Kurdistan, with maps.
- Section 3 comprises mini-biographies and autobiographies of some of the refugee people.
- Section 4 contains a series of worksheets that teachers can use to explore the biographical and autobiographical material.
"These interviews help to explain the realities of the refugee experience, challenging the hostile images that often dominate public perception... These are the personal voices of people who are refugees in Manchester."
Ahmed Iqbal Ullah Education Trust
- Author : Various
- Publisher : Ahmed Iqbal Ullah Education Trust
- ISBN : 9780954287450